The Six X Five Hundred is a one channel transformer coupled Microphone Preamplifier and Passive 2 Band Equalizer. The Preamp is an all discrete design based upon our hybrid amplifier. (It can be upgrade with ou Vintage OPA)
The Equalizer is our take on the magical classic Pultec design. It’s got 15db boost of the creamiest high end you’ve ever heard and the most punchy low end heard the 21th Century.
The Sound can be described as ”Fast” ”Punchy” and ”In ya face”.
- Transformer coupled Balanced inputs and Balanced Outputs
- Up to 65db of Gain
- Passive Pultec Equalizer. Inductor + hybrid gain make-up amplifier
- 3 Step Switched Eq Low Freq Boost 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz +/-10%
- 3 Step Switched Eq High Freq Bosst 6kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz +/-10%
- Selectable High Boost Bandwidth on pcb
- Polarity Reverse
- 48V Phantom Power
- 5-LED VU Meters
- Gold Plated Pcb
- Retail Price $329.95
Issues with older BAE racks! Please be aware of that the older BAE racks uses 30-pin Edacs which is not 500 Series spec’d. You must bridge the pins
on the back to make connection on both sides of the 6X-500 pcb. This is very crucial to get the power and i/o’s to work properly! If you have an
older BAE rack or is unsure of the connection, please check the soldering of the Edac’s to XLR’s BEFORE POWERING ON THE UNIT! Thank you.
- Issue solved in Rev2
6X-500 Recall Sheet
6X-500 User Manual